If you are a GP or Healthcare Professional, you can refer patients to Talking Therapies by completing the referral form and submitting this electronically or by fax.
To access the PHQ9 and GAD7 questionnaires with your patient please visit the assess yourself section. The scores can then be entered onto the referral form.
Problems suitable for Talking Therapies
Mild to moderate:
Depression including PND and SAD
Anxiety disorders as listed:
- General anxiety disorder
- Specific phobias
- Panic attacks
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) – single episode
- Health anxiety
All the above will be accepted by Talking Therapies as long as the following criteria are met:
- Moderate (or less than) risk of suicide and self-harm but with no current intent or plans
- No previous history of psychological intervention for chronic or complex mental health problems
- No more than 2 evidence based psychological treatments have already been provided for their presenting problem
- No more than 2 co-morbid factors present
Clients also need to:
- Be seeking help for their presenting problem
- Demonstrate measurable improvement with their treatment (two types of intervention will be tried) and a capacity to work psychologically.
- Be wlling to attend regularly, carry out homework tasks and work collaboratively.
If you are uncertain whether someone would benefit from our service please feel free to contact us to discuss their problems.
Support for your patients with Diabetes Type 2 – new ‘Space for Diabetes Wellbeing’
'Space from Diabetes Wellbeing’ is an exciting new online programme that is designed to help people learn techniques to overcome symptoms of low mood and anxiety and has been specifically designed to help people with Type 2 Diabetes improve their wellbeing.
The new ‘Space for Diabetes Wellbeing’ online programme can help improve wellbeing which can help you control diabetes better.
Patients can register online and Sign Up Now!
Patients can also self refer as well as your GP. If you would like any further information please contact Talking Therapies on 0300 365 2000 quoting 'diabetes online'.
Self Help Resources
There are a variety of self help interventions that patients can access that may help them overcome their difficulties. We have produced an information sheet for you to pass on to your patients, giving information about self help resources available that may be helpful.
It may be more appropriate to refer your patient to other services and details of these can be found on the Other Services page.